Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does my family dentist have to refer me to the orthodontist for an appointment?
2. At what age should a child be seen for their first orthodontic evaluation?
3. What is Phase One (early) treatment?
4. Will my child need full braces if he/she has Phase One treatment?
5. Will my teeth become straighter as I grow?
6. How do I schedule an appointment for an initial exam?
7. Do I have to have teeth extracted for braces?
8. How long will it take to complete treatment?
9. How much will braces cost? Are financing options available? How does my insurance work?
10. How often will I have appointments?
11. Can I schedule all of my appointments after school?
12. Can I drop my child off for an appointment?
14. Can I return to school the day I receive my braces?
16. Do you use recycled braces?
18. Do I need to see my family dentist while in braces?
19. Are there foods I cannot eat while I have braces?
20. How often should I brush my teeth while in braces?
21. What is an emergency appointment? How are those handled?
22. Can orthodontic correction occur while a child has baby teeth?
23. Will my child need an expander?
24. Is it too late to have braces if I am already an adult?
25. Can I wear braces even though I have crowns and missing teeth?